Monday, April 25, 2011

I hope you dance

We had a lovely Easter yesterday. It was my first Easter without my dad so I thought of him throughout the day. My dad loved Easter and the meal that went with it! While my husband was cutting the ham I could just see my dad taking a few pieces to "sample" before it hit the table. Memories of last Easter kept flooding my mind as I was preparing Easter dinner... my dad getting punch, my dad joking around with me in the kitchen while I prepared the food, my dad making kielbasa, etc.. I really missed him this Easter!

My mother came for Easter with her sister Joyce. They each brought food due to the fact I was not intending to have Easter this year... I was going to the beach to sit a stare at the ocean and oh yeah, go see Charles Stanley! We changed our plans and decided to stay here so we could be here for my mother who would be "alone" this Easter (without dad). We will still go to the beach and see Charles - tonight... can't wait to leave. Anyway, back to my story.. those two sisters can really make some great food! My mother brought green bean casserole and scalloped potatoes and my Aunt Joyce brought pineapple casserole and her famous Jewish brownies - those have got to be my favorite! Together they brought an Easter cake, rolls, lots of candy for the kids and a beautiful Easter plant for me. Steve and I made the Ham and my famous Easter cornbread casserole. The day was perfect and jazz played in the background. We spent most of our time on our screen porch drinking ice-tea... I made a good chai iced. For those two, they spent a lot of time reminiscing about old times. They had a good childhood. There mother is full Italian and their father was full Russian.. oh the stories! Another time, another blog...

Since I saved the ham bone with lots of ham still on the bone I will be making and sharing a ham soup recipe with you all... later this week. If you still have your ham bone or leftover ham, save it for this recipe.... you will love it!

I am looking forward to the beach... there is something about the ocean at night which I adore. The strength of the ocean makes you realize just how "small" you are in this world. Here is a clip from a song that I like and think it's appropriate to list here:

 I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance...
I hope you dance…

Take care everyone...



No comments:

Post a Comment