Thursday, April 14, 2011

Reminds me...

The smell of anise reminds me of my grandmothers house...
Strawberry gum reminds me of my dad...
The song Cool Change by Little River Band reminds me of my friend Robin and how we could sit for hours listening to music talking out life's problems and then play this song and say " that's all we need to do"...
U of M reminds me of my brother Mike...
Coloring Easter eggs reminds me of Easter and my Grandmothers in Pennsylvania...
The smell of cookies reminds of my husband...
A Johnny on the spot will make me laugh, it reminds me of a friend named Dan who has now passed but never forgotten. Imagine a heavy set women sitting on the "thrown" when the door swings wide open in the middle of a festival with hundreds of people looking on - courtesy of Dan.. ha ha....oh, and he did NOT know it was occupied... one to many Bud Lights I guess...
Orange Popsicles reminds me of the birth of my son Jesse...
Wild strawberries reminds me of my childhood living in the country... that big blue house with the red door...
Fantasy Island reminds me of Saturday nights when my father would bring pizza home - in that big blue house with the red door...
Square pizza reminds me of my school days...
Gardenia's reminds me of my mother... so does Wisteria...
Jim Beam reminds me of my long lost friend Megan, our teen years and the Hot Rock Cafe...
Chili reminds me of a Hispanic woman named Elsie and the day she taught me how to make it... everyone to this day says I make the best Chili...
Avocado's reminds me of the time I lived in California and walked the farms with Jim every Tuesday and Thursday night...
Making salads, breads, baseball, Utah Jazz/Bulls, Redwings, Newsboys, Jazz and the Linden Park reminds me of 1997 and my time dating my husband Steve...)
White Lily's reminds me of calm, peace and family...
Chantilly Lace reminds me of my grandmother Mary where Tabu reminds me of my grandmother Guzy...
A deck of cards reminds me of Pap... I miss him...
Fruit bread reminds me of trips to Frankenmuth with my family...

I could go on.... Our memories help shape our lives. People, places and things will remind us of good or bad times/memories. I say don't dwell on the bad and think often of the good. Everything you do, everybody you meet and every place you go will make a memory. Make it a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment