Tuesday, June 28, 2011

It's not what to seek, it's who...

Which is better - Prosperity or Peace? The majority of the population chose prosperity.... no surprise. Why do we live in a society that constantly seeks "things" and beauty? I guess another question would be which is better - Inner Beauty or Outer Beauty?

I will keep this brief... when you die you take NOTHING with you... when you age you lose most of your physical beauty. To seek after the inevitable is living an unsettled life, throwing your peace out the window. I'm not saying it's bad to be prosperous, in fact it's a blessing (a gift) and very few know how to use it. For most, it's destructive in one form or another... when we have everything we seek nothing. When we seek nothing we stop growing/learning. Did I contradict myself? I'm sure your thinking we seek to prosper and then to find peace... not at all. When we seek to prosper WE fail eventually. We seek in the wrong areas. We must first seek the LORD and HE will make your ways prosperous. The ways of the Lord are peace in ALL things.

 John 14:27
New International Version (NIV)
27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

John 16:33
New International Version (NIV)
   33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Proverbs 17:1
New International Version (NIV)
 1 Better a dry crust with peace and quiet
   than a house full of feasting, with strife.

Galatians 5:22
New International Version (NIV)
 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

No comments:

Post a Comment